I had wanted to CC this to the list, but of course I forgot:

Stephen Pitts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is there an easy way to profile stack usage without rebuilding with ticky-ticky profiling? I have two implementations of an algorithm; the one with straight lists seems to use constant stack, while the one with a JoinList is eating up stack at an O(n) rate.

No idea. I haven't used all features of the profiler yet. I'm taking the liberty of CCing the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list, I hope somebody else can provide an answer.

If not, could I have your build script to generate a MacOS X package for a rebuilt GHC with ticky-ticky libraries? No matter what I do, all roads lead to rebuilding from source ;-).

There's no build script for making Mac OS X packages - I need to use Apple's GUI tools to create the package, and the rest is a relatively simple matter of configure and make.
You'd have to download the source, create a build.mk file saying that you want ticky-ticky profiling, and then configure, make and make install...

Cheers,

Wolfgang