I'm not sure it's worth making a threaded-rts variant distribution right
now, given that we'd just throw it away later. But you're welcome to
try.

We might not need the variant business when the new threaded-rts is finished, but personally, I like the thought of getting the "Threaded RTS classic" out there so it gets tested a little more. The new bound threads variant will share a lot of code with the classic variant, so testing the old code a little more does make sense.

Wolfgang, do you have a timescale in mind?

Well, let's see. I got my Powerbook back from repairs yesterday; now I have to track down one Mac-specific issue for 6.0.1. Then I'll have a look at the head and my old bound-threads prototypes. I might have some (preliminary, experimental, hackish, untested, ugly) patches ready on the weekend.

Cheers,

Wolfgang