Hi Sigbjorn.

I wrote:

> I built CVS head GHC with this package and mucked around a little bit. > The
> only problem I've come across so far is that an objectio library >application
> I have crashes on take-off when built with this compiler (not necessarily to
> do with objectio of course). It does not crash with GHC 6.2.1

Woops.

It turns out that I missed a blatantly obvious error message which 6.2.1 did not give:

Starting program: c:\data\source\ghc\grass/./objectio/geo.exe
grass/./objectio/geo.exe: main.hs:23:8-70: Irrefutable pattern failed for patter
n [fileMenuID, mapMenuID, grassDBMenuID]

after I shortened a list of ids.

Luckily this afternoon I took delivery of a pair of reading glasses which will hopefully help me to avoid such errors in future. Thumbs up for that installer.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.