Keean, thank you.

Does any tests/benchmarks available?

Regards,
/Alexandre.

On Mar 25, 2005, at 00:47, Keean Schupke wrote:

Think this should really go to glasgow-haskell-users...

If this is true - how do I get ghc to use C--, and is it really faster than using gcc as a backend with all the bells & whistles turned on (for a pentium-III) something like

"-O3 -mcpu=pentium3 -march=pentium3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -momit-leaf-frame-pointer -ftracer -fno-crossjumping -mfpmath=sse,387 -ffast-math -fsched-spec-load -fprefetch-loop-arrays -maccumulate-outgoing-args -fmove-all-movables
-freduce-all-givs"

   Keean.

Alexandre wrote:

As I heard, 6.4 version of the Haskell using C-- backend and make lots of the resulting code perfomance (programs executed faster).
If so, does any test/comparison with other languages available?

Thank you in advance,
Regards,
/Alexandre.