Michael Marte wrote:
Simon Marlow wrote:

Deprecation warnings seem to be working fine:

$ ghc -c Foo.hs -package text

Foo.hs:2:0:
   Warning: Module `Pretty' is deprecated:
                This module has moved to Text.PrettyPrint.HughesPJ

Also, the documentation for the text package clearly states in several
places that the modules it contains are deprecated.
I have got something wrong here: To use, say Text.Html or Text.PrettyPrint.HughesPJ, it is not necessary to use -package text on the command line?

That's right.

So module Pretty is in the package text and Text.Html is part of another package, maybe package base?

Yes

So there is no need at all for the -package directive in my case?

Maybe not, but I haven't seen your code.