Jeremy Shaw wrote:
At Wed, 03 May 2006 22:06:05 -0700,
Jeremy Shaw wrote:

Hello,

I believe I have successfully got an unregisterised version of ghc
6.4.2 compiled for arm/linux.

Updates:
-------

1) I turns out I only had a in-place build of ghc, I have now got a
   real build 'working'.

2) I have started putting my notes in the Wiki

I added a section to the end of this page:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Platforms

And started this page:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/ArmLinuxGhc

I will add the information about getting from an inplace .hc build to
a normal build tomorrow.

3) It would appear that the floating point problem is still a
   problem. It did not cause any compile time errors. But ghc
   generates bogus answers, the one liner:

main = print 1.0
   prints: 5.299808824e-315

If you want to get a picture of how much of your GHC build is working, it's useful to run the test suite. Check out the testsuite repository from darcs.haskell.org into your source tree, then

 $ cd testsuite
 $ make boot
 $ cd tests/ghc-regress

then, to do a quick test run (~5 minutes):

 $ make stage=2 fast

or a full test run (several hours, probably):

 $ make stage=2