Hi Simon,

On Aug 24, 2006, at 7:34 AM, Simon Marlow wrote:

Gregory Wright wrote:

I built HEAD and ran ghc-regress last week. It looks like the compiler crashes are almost all gone. There are still 132 unexpected failures, but only one compiler crash.

Are these crashes all for the threaded2 way? We'll probably need to disable SMP on PPC for the 6.6 release, because I'm fairly sure it doesn't work (the workarounds we need for the weaker memory ordering on PPC aren't implemented). Ian is planning to sort this out before the release.

Here's what happened (this is after I applied David Kirkman's SMP.h patch to my tree). When I said 132 failures I was speaking from memory. The actual number was 136,
as noted in the log:

OVERALL SUMMARY for test run started at Mon Aug 14 11:20:03 EDT 2006
    1412 total tests, which gave rise to
    4711 test cases, of which
       0 caused framework failures
     658 were skipped

    3882 expected passes
      32 expected failures
       3 unexpected passes
     136 unexpected failures

Unexpected passes:
   barton-mangler-bug(optasm)
   cholewo-eval(optasm)
   ds052(normal)

Unexpected failures:
   TH_spliceE5_prof(normal)
   arr004(normal,opt,optasm)
   arr007(opt,optasm)
   barton-mangler-bug(opt,threaded2)
   cabal01(normal)
   cabal02(normal)
   cg016(normal,opt,optasm)
   cg051(opt,optasm)
   conc012(normal)
   conc014(opt,optasm)
   conc021(opt,optasm)
   conc024(normal,opt,optasm)
   conc034(normal,opt,optasm)
   conc037(threaded2)
   conc039(threaded1)
   conc052(opt)
   conc056(threaded1,threaded2)
   concprog001(normal,opt,optasm)
   concprog002(threaded2)
   dsrun005(opt,optasm)
   dsrun007(opt,optasm)
   dsrun008(opt,optasm)
   enum01(normal,opt,optasm)
   enum02(normal,opt,optasm)
   enum03(normal,opt,optasm)
   exceptions001(normal,opt,optasm)
   exceptions002(opt,optasm)
   forkprocess01(ghci)
   galois_raytrace(opt,threaded2)
   ghci013(ghci)
   ghcpkg04(normal)
   joao-circular(optasm)
   list001(normal,opt,optasm)
   maessen_hashtab(normal,opt,optasm,ghci,threaded1,threaded2)
   mod1(normal)
   mod150(normal)
   mod151(normal)
   mod152(normal)
   mod153(normal)
   mod2(normal)
   net001(normal,opt,optasm,ghci,threaded1,threaded2)
   net002(normal,opt,optasm,ghci,threaded1,threaded2)
   newtype(opt)
   pkg02_b(normal,opt,optasm)
   read003(normal)
   rw(normal)
   seward-space-leak(ghci)
   signals002(ghci)
   simpl011(normal,opt,optasm)
   strun002(opt)
   tc102(normal,opt,optasm)
   tc134(normal,opt,optasm)
   tc136(normal,opt,optasm)
   tc141(normal,opt,optasm)
   tcfail068(normal)
   tcfail071(normal)
   tcfail082(normal)
   tcfail090(normal)
   tcfail099(normal)
   tcfail103(normal)
   tcfail115(normal)
   tcfail140(normal)
   tcrun021(normal,opt,optasm,ghci,threaded1,threaded2)
   uri001(normal,opt,optasm,ghci,threaded1,threaded2)
   utf8_002(normal)
   utf8_003(normal)
   utf8_004(normal)
   utf8_005(normal)