Christian Maeder wrote:
Could you create a ticket for this (or is there one already)?

There have been a few tickets, some still outstanding, about leopard powerpc failures.

I'm
willing to recompile ghc-6.8.2 with different options or patches on PPC
Tiger, but even compiling via-C does not work (not to mention
bootstrapping from hc sources).

(Only few seem to be interested in getting PPC bugs fixed. Is this
architecture dying out?)

I submitted a patch that went into ghc-6.8.x to help fix assembly code generation (to keey the new cursed 'ld' happy) on powerpc 10.5.x

Apple stopped creating and selling new PPC machines some time ago. But I think nearly half of the running machines are still PPC. But only people with previous PPC hardware who buy new OS X 10.5 and also want ghc-6.8 are getting bitten.

Cheers Christian

Does ghc-6.8.1 or ghc-6.6.1 work on PPC leopard and can be used for
compiling ghc-6.8.2?

The ghc-6.6.1 I had under 10.4 still works like a champ after upgrading to 10.5

--
Chris