On 2008 Aug 28, at 5:27, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
This isn't a criticism: one of the hardest thing to do is to accurately convey this underwater stuff. But I wonder whether there might be a useful paper hiding here? Something that establishes terminology, writes down principles, explains the Cabal viewpoint, contrasts with alternatives, and thereby allows discussion about Cabal to be better informed.

I think we're at the point where such a document is necessary if we're going to have a coherent discussion. (And as an aside, I think the same is true of darcs.)

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]