On 2008 Nov 4, at 20:26, Jason Dagit wrote:
On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Manuel M T Chakravarty
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jason Dagit:
I'm on OSX and I currently have ghc-6.6.1 and ghc-6.8.3 (installed
from a pkg). I would like to add ghc-6.10.1 to my system. I tried to
do this with RC1 of 6.10, but I found that it uninstalled my
ghc-6.8.3.

What will I need to do to get both 6.8.3 and 6.10.1?

Are you sure it does deinstall the 6.8 compiler? Or does it just overwrite
the symbolic links in /usr/bin?  To check, have a look at

/Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Versions

After installing 6.10, there should be a 608/ and a 610/ directory. This certainly happens on my Mac and I am not aware of an option to change that
behaviour.

I haven't tried the 6.10.1 install, but after using the 6.8.3 pkg
followed by the 6.10 RC1 pkg, followed by the 6.8.3 pkg, I have just
608 in the directory you mention.

I expect if you used the OSX installer then /Library/Receipts is screwing you (it wipes the old files listed in the .bom file). Try finding and removing the receipt directory and bom file before installing.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]