On 29/05/2009 15:19, John Lask wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Duncan Coutts"
<duncan.cou...@worc.ox.ac.uk>
To: "John Lask" <jvl...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 8:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] ghc - force library search order

On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 18:08 +1000, John Lask wrote:
I need to force a library to be searched for unresolved symbols after
all
other libraries have been searched, and I would rather not resort to
constructing the linker command line directly. Is there a way to do
this?

i.e. I want for example -lfoo to appear after all other haskell
libraries
and before system libraries (for example -lmsvcrt) once ghc has
constructed
the link command. i.e. how is it possible to coerce ghc into respecting
dependencies between the libraries. GHC does a good job in general with
native libraries, but there are allways corner cases.

I have a feeling this is not possible, but it dosn't hurt to ask.

No, there's currently no way to inject flags that come *after* the linker flags for the packages on the linker command line.

It might help if you describe at a higher level what it is you're trying to do. There might be a better way to achieve it.