On 22/10/2009, at 12:52, Peter Hercek wrote:

As for getting a list of the evaluation steps, we don't have anything that does exactly what you want at the moment, but it probably wouldn't be hard to implement on top of the existing debugging functionality.

If you want to execute one command more times you can do it by scripting ghci.

Yes! That's a great idea Peter, we always underestimate/forget what can be done with the scripting capabilities of ghci.
In this case, Ralph can get what he wants (modulo core dumps) with:

*Main> :def listStep (\_ -> return ":list\n :step")
*Main> :set stop :listStep
*Main> :step <your function call here>

Cheers
pepe