On Dec 14, 2009, at 6:24 AM, Marc Weber wrote:

> You should be able to get some hints by looking at where ghc is installed.

For any install of this sort, I like to record where the changes were made.

Before an install, I execute the shell command

        echo >timestamp

Then I install, then I execute the shell command (OS X 10.6; adapt for other
Unix)

        sudo find -x / -newer timestamp -print >snapshot.txt

If I leave scripts "before-snapshot.sh" and "after-snapshot.sh" near my install
source, of the form

        #!/bin/bash

        # cd to directory of this script
        cd "`echo $0 | sed 's/[^/]*$//'`"

        sudo find -x / -newer timestamp -print >snapshot.txt

then in OS X 10.6 I can drag each script in turn to a terminal window, with the
results automatically ending up in their directory.

Editing out the noise, I recorded the following on OS X 10.6 for GHC 6.12.1:

        /Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework
        /Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Resources
        /Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Tools
        /Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Versions
        /Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Versions/612/usr/bin
        /Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Versions/612/usr/bin/ghc
        /Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Versions/612/usr/bin/ghc-pkg
        /Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Versions/612/usr/bin/ghci
        /Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Versions/612/usr/bin/runhaskell
        /Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Versions/Current
        /private/var/db/receipts/org.haskell.glasgowHaskellCompiler.ghc.pkg.bom

/private/var/db/receipts/org.haskell.glasgowHaskellCompiler.ghc.pkg.plist
        /usr/bin
        /usr/bin/ghc
        /usr/bin/ghc-6.12.1
        /usr/bin/ghc-pkg