On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 01:27:17PM +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:

> It would be a prerequisite to switching that a GHC developer only has to
> use one VCS.  So we either migrate dependencies to git, or mirror them
> in GHC-specific git branches.

I think it's hard to know how well it's going to work in advance (I was
going to try redoing all the GHC 7 merges with git, but that won't tell
us much if they would have been recorded differently in a git workflow),
so perhaps we should change only the GHC repo at first, and see how it
goes?

That way, if we decide it's worse, we haven't done a lot of work
migrating dependencies or setting up mirrors, and to roll back we only
need to migrate the new git patches into the old darcs repo.

Thanks
Ian