On 13/03/2012 21:25, Ranjit Jhala wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to use the nifty backtracing mechanism in GHC 74.
AFAICT, this requires everything be built with profiling on),
but as a consequence, I hit this:

        "You can't call hscCompileCoreExpr in a profiled compiler"

Any hints on whether there are work-arounds?

Can you give more details about what you're trying to do? Are you using the GHC API in some way?

I'm afraid there's something of a deep limitation in that the interpreter that is used by GHCi and Template Haskell doesn't work with profiling:

We think it is quite a lot of work to fix this.