On Sun, 20 Jan 2013, Karel Gardas wrote:

On 01/20/13 07:50 PM, rocon...@theorem.ca wrote:
Karel, maybe you should try deploying a binary-dist on your panda board?

Sorry? What's "binary-dist"? And why I should do that? And what
exactly do you mean by "deploying"? And on what OS? Ubuntu or Raspbian
run in Ubuntu chroot?

What I'm suggesting is that if you want to try to reproduce my corrupt
setting file error and ammend your patch for including in GHC, you
should after making ghc-7.6.1 (or whatever version you are building) do a

make binary-dist # this will product a
ghc-7.6.1-arm-unknown-linux.tar.bz2 file

extract ghc-7.6.1-arm-unknown-linux.tar.bz2 in some temporary directory.

in that extracted directory run

./configue --prefix=<some temporary directory>
make install

Aha, I understand, but could you be so kind and first verify that the settings file you do have inside your build tree is the same exactly like the settings file distributed with your bin dist? If not, then make binary-dist is somehow buggy. If yes, then the configure is buggy and its surprising you've been able to build ghc at all...

both the settings and inplace/lib/settings are correct in my build tree. This suggests taht binary-dist is buggy.

Sorry, I cannot test it here as my 7.6.1 build on ARM is already gone due to hard-drive space constraints here as it freed space for GHC i386/x64 solaris cross-compilation tests...

Thanks,
Karel