Yes, changing Typeable2 to Typeable in:

{-# LANGUAGE StandaloneDeriving, DeriveDataTypeable #-}
deriving instance Typeable Gr

goes through with ghc-7.8-rc1.

However, this change refuses to compile with ghc-7.6.3:

    Expecting two more arguments to `Gr'
    In the stand-alone deriving instance for `Typeable Gr'

This is unfortunate, because I need to add conditional compilation to make my code compilable for the two most recent major versions of GHC.

Can you not simply let ghc-7.8 interpret TypeableN as Typeable?

Cheers Christian