I couldn't live without ScopedTypeVariables. For me it's an essential tool
when I want to figure out

1. if the type being inferred is the one I expect
2. what type a specific thing in code I am working with is

Also useful for adding that one bit the inferer is missing without
immediately modifying a complex type sig. I can do that later, but the
proof of concept should be quick and easy.

Backwards compat: Isn't this what we have Haskell 98, Haskell 2010, etc?