Well a new report on my GEG glasses.  Two things have cropped up with
my experience here.  #1  My right eye just will not get comfortable
with the glasses.  I had 4 different places check the script. 2 of the
4 said the right lens was slightly off but within standards.  The
other 2 said the lens was good.  Anyway I was trying to adapt but did
not.  Then last night as I was walking, the lens of the left eye just
fell out of the frame.  The screw that holds the lens  in place is
just not there and the lens chipped.  I contacted GEG through the
online chat for help.  They want to charge me 50% to remake the lenses
and shipping is on me.  Neither problem is my fault.  I then asked to
just return them for the 50% refund on the lenses and 100% on the
frame and start over.  Either way "Sheryl" needed to contact the lab
and will email me on Monday.  These glasses cost $64.00 as they are
progressives.  I have made an order from Zenni for comparison. The
Zenni's are polycarb and cost $20.00 less. Maybe it is providence to
return GEG's for the Zenni's.

Some notes from my experience.
I like my Zeiss polycarbs better than GEG's cr-39 lenses.
I like lenses taller than 28mm for progressives, probably 30 or over
is best.
It is important to get exactitude on lens placement for progressives.
I do like having a wide soft corridor on my lenses like the Zeiss.
the cr-39 are optically sharp but I found them to have a narrow
corridor that was rather harsh.

3d

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
Check us out at the oft-updated http://www.glassyeyes.com!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"GlassyEyes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/glassyeyes?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to