John Winters via GLLUG wrote:
On 04/10/2020 18:21, James Roberts via GLLUG wrote:
[snip]
I've done this a lot in the past and now I just don't. Disks are cheaper than my time, so I am prepared to multi-boot, but not from one disk.
[snip]
IIWM I'd acquire another disk or two and put everything on its own disk.

Seconded.  Reading the original query I felt like I'd dropped through a time warp and gone about 20 years into the past.  I wasn't aware that people did such convoluted installations any more.

Disks are ridiculously cheap these days.  Give everything its own disk.

I'd take a safe image/copy of that 1.5 tib disk as my first action

Also seconded.

John

Hi Guys,

Well this machine all started out simple...... Anyway. I've come to the same conclusion, separate disks, in my reading around the topic today.

At some point I might even virtualise the legacy Svr 2K3 system. I think I may also have stubbed my toe on a XP/Svr 2K3 issue related to booting from other than sector 63.

Thank you for your time - much appreciated.

:-) Ken

believed to be clean.