In my long but limited experience (all experience is limited!) usually the problem isn't in explaining the problem, or in even solving the problem, it's in grasping what it *really* is in the first place. Especially so when it is explained to you by someone who doesn't understand the problem -- or solution -- domain... see most Gov. projects worldwide.

However explaining things to teddy bears, cats, and hat stands is an essential part of problem stress relief :) It does not work so well with dogs, they wag their tails whether it's explained well or badly :P

Merry Christmas/post-solstice [place festival here] & Feliz Fiestas/boas festas

MeJ