On 01/06/2021 15:53, stuart taylor via GLLUG wrote:
hi all,
We will have food for thouht at our admins meeting later this week. We have 4 servers in our cabinet all quite old and all donated second hand: two IBM X3250s (I think) and two SUN ultras. The solutions suggested are all very good but probably beyond what I would be allowed to spend.
Have you considered virtualising the lot onto one KVM host? Proxmox has a free version and works exceedingly well.

A single 4-6 core 3 year old second-hand host would handle the lot I would think and deal with most of your remote management issues.

MeJ