Hi,

Thanks for your proposal.
But for me to solve your problem we need to load user preferences before sending notification to a user and not force it.

Regards

Julien

Le 06/09/2011 20:46, Trey Dockendorf a écrit :
I have created a patch that adds an option to the notification settings ( Setup -> Notifications -> Alert and email followups and alerts configuration ) that allows a user's full name to be displayed in a seperate order from the system wide setting. The idea is to make the emails more "personal" so for me this allows a name to be "First name Surname" in email notifications while allowing the GLPI names to remain "Surname First name".

There is one problem I can't seem to fix that I could use help on...all the notifications display the name in the correct order except ticket updates. It seems this is due to the username being pulled from the glpi_logs table which stores the username (instead of ID). I couldn't find a way to alter this without making drastic changes. However the primary goal for this patch is to improve the readability to the end-user and at least in my setup, updates don't go out to end-users.

This patch may be a bit too intrusive, and change too many things to make it into the Core code for GLPI. There is likely a better way to do this, but this is working thus far on v0.80.2.

Thanks
- Trey