On 10/23/2014 06:23 PM, Harshavardhana wrote:
I have done a `brew fetch osxfuse`  and I've got
/Library/Caches/Homebrew/osxfuse-2.7.2.yosemite.bottle.tar.gz.

??? Seems like I could just untar that in /usr/local/Cellar. Seem
reasonable?

We don't necessarily need OSXFUSE headers all, all we need is
/dev/fuse with the
kernel module loaded - so if the kext is installed and loadable it
should be fine :-).

You should have done

# brew remove osxfuse

I never had the Homebrew osxfuse installed...

And perhaps then installed through 'dmg',

Yes, I took your suggestion and did that...

and the 'dmg doesn't install
in '/usr/local/Cellar', since it isn't
part of the brew build.

Sure, I wasn't questioning that. I was expecting (guessing) that compiling would need system fuse headers, but looking deeper I see that that seems not to be the case.

This is what configure reports, and the brew packages I have installed. How does this compare to what you get, is it the same?

GlusterFS configure summary
===========================
FUSE client          : yes
Infiniband verbs     : no
epoll IO multiplex   : no
argp-standalone      : yes
fusermount           : no
readline             : no (present but missing undo)
georeplication       : no
Linux-AIO            : no
Enable Debug         : no
systemtap            : yes
Block Device xlator  : no
glupy                : no
Use syslog           : yes
XML output           : no
QEMU Block formats   : no
Encryption xlator    : no
Erasure Code xlator  : yes

[~/src/git/glusterfs-release-3.6] kaleb% brew list
autoconf        gdbm    openssl python
automake        libtool osxfuse readline
cmockery2       libxml2 pkg-config      sqlite

--

Kaleb