On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 3:20 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta
<gandalf.corvotempe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Il 20 giu 2016 8:08 AM, "B.K.Raghuram" <bkr...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>> We had hosted some changes to an old version of glusterfs (3.6.1) in order
>> to incorporate ZFS snapshot support for gluster snapshot commands.
> Sorry for this OT but can someone explain me what's the meaning for these
> patches?
> Are you trying to merge ZFS snapshot support in gluster by replacing the
> gluster snapshot code, or to make gluster able to create ZFS snapshots when
> gluster is used with  ZFS bricks?

The intent is to make snapshotting in gluster more modular and add
support for the latter. Today our snapshotting is pretty much tied to
device mapper and cannot leverage snapshot capabilities present in
other underlying storage subsystems (zfs, btrfs etc.).

Gluster-devel mailing list