On 11/11/2016 09:09 PM, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:

Feature requests to in Bugzilla anyway.
Create your volume with the populated brick as brick one. Start it and "heal
full".
gluster> volume create testvolume transport tcp
gluster> 192.168.1.1:/mnt/glusterfs/testdata/brick force
volume create: private: success: please start the volume to access data
gluster> volume heal testvolume full
Launching heal operation to perform full self heal on volume testvolume has
been unsuccessful on bricks that are down. Please check if all brick processes
are running.
gluster> volume start testvolume
volume start: testvolume: success
gluster> volume heal testvolume full
Launching heal operation to perform full self heal on volume testvolume has
been unsuccessful on bricks that are down. Please check if all brick processes
are running.

So it seems healing only works on volumes with 2 or more bricks.
So that doesn't seem to workout very well.
Thanks for sharing the result.

Are you restricted to use only a single brick volume.
Because you can keep the data in single brick and add another empty brick and try the above step.
( I am guessing what is possible here, not really tried this myself)

Anyway, I think this is a very interesting problem to solve.

Ref document for full heal : https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/doc/developer-guide/afr-self-heal-daemon.md

Thanks,
Saravana