On 12/12/2016 10:44 AM, Shyam wrote:
On 12/12/2016 01:29 PM, Joe Julian wrote:
On 12/08/2016 09:22 AM, Samikshan Bairagya wrote:
Hi,

Currently there is no way to know the maximum op-version that is
supported in a heterogeneous cluster. If this is made possible, it
would prove helpful to users wrt knowing the maximum op-version to
which the cluster could be bumped up to.

The minimum of the maximum op-versions that is supported by each node
returns the maximum op-version the cluster can support. The idea is to
use the gluster volume get interface as follows to retrieve this value:

# gluster volume get all cluster.max-op-version

I feel this could be an useful feature to include in the 3.10 release
and a related issue [1] is open on Github for the same.

[1] https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/56

Are we using github issues now?

Joe, we are using github issues to track features being planned for the upcoming and future releases. See the release 3.10 announcement here [1].

So for users we still are in the old mode, of filing bugs for all requests (features or bugs).

I do see that you have added a comment to this github issue, we usually comment on (review) these using the gluster spec repositories, hence my request to Samikshan to open a spec for the above. Could you share your thoughts around where you would like to comment (as a user)?

Thanks,
Shyam

[1] Release 3.10 announce: http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-November/051584.html

Well it's certainly much easier (and inclusive, imho) to use the issues interface.