Hi,

I try write FOP test on case of volume of gusterfs is full, the detail process
and some investigation is as the below:
1)  use dd to write full with volume export
dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/export/large.tar bs=10M count=100000

2) set write-behind option on
   # echo "asdf" > /mnt/export/test
   #
 No error prompt here, and try cat the file with following information.
   # cat /mnt/export/test
   cat: /mnt/export/test: No such file or directory

   # strace echo "asdf" > /mnt/export/test
        write(1, "asdf\n", 5)                   = 5
        close(1)                                = -1 ENOSPC (No space left on
device)

3) set write-behind option off
   # echo "asdf" > /mnt/export/test
   #-bash: echo: write error: No space left on device
 Have error prompt here.
   # cat /mnt/export/test
   cat: /mnt/export/test: No such file or directory

   # strace echo "asdf" > /mnt/export/test
        write(1, "asdf\n", 5)                   = -1 ENOSPC (No space left on
device)
        close(1)                                = 0
In my view , the action of FOP write is right to application.
But when the write-behind option is set on, the write FOP return success but it
can't really write to gluster volume.
It will let application confuse, and it will lead to more application issue.

Although the close will return error, but as you know, more application will
not do close FOP until the application exit,
In this case, write FOP show success, but when another thread want to read it,
but it can't read anything.

Do you think it is an issue?
If not, do you have any comments for this inconvenient?

Best Regards,
George