On 04/13/2017 11:32 AM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 8:17 PM, Shyam <srang...@redhat.com
<mailto:srang...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    On 02/28/2017 10:17 AM, Shyam wrote:

        Hi,

        With release 3.10 shipped [1], it is time to set the dates for
        release
        3.11 (and subsequently 4.0).

        This mail has the following sections, so please read or revisit
        as needed,
          - Release 3.11 dates (the schedule)
          - 3.11 focus areas

    Pinging the list on the above 2 items.

        *Release 3.11 dates:*
        Based on our release schedule [2], 3.11 would be 3 months from
        the 3.10
        release and would be a Short Term Maintenance (STM) release.

        This puts 3.11 schedule as (working from the release date
        backwards):
        - Release: May 30th, 2017
        - Branching: April 27th, 2017

    Branching is about 2 weeks away, other than the initial set of
    overflow features from 3.10 nothing else has been raised on the
    lists and in github as requests for 3.11.

    So, a reminder to folks who are working on features, to raise the
    relevant github issue for the same, and post it to devel list for
    consideration in 3.11 (also this helps tracking and ensuring we are
    waiting for the right things at the time of branching).

https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/158 will get into 3.11. This
feature enhances the existing get-state cli implementation to add few
more parameters like client details, brick consumption to the output
file so that these new attributes can be considered by tendrl project.

Thank you, added to the board.

        *3.11 focus areas:*
        As maintainers of gluster, we want to harden testing around the
        various
        gluster features in this release. Towards this the focus area
        for this
        release are,

        1) Testing improvements in Gluster
          - Primary focus would be to get automated test cases to determine
        release health, rather than repeating a manual exercise every 3
        months
          - Further, we would also attempt to focus on maturing
        Glusto[7] for
        this, and other needs (as much as possible)

        2) Merge all (or as much as possible) Facebook patches into
        master, and
        hence into release 3.11
          - Facebook has (as announced earlier [3]) started posting their
        patches mainline, and this needs some attention to make it into
        master

    Further to the above, we are also considering the following features
    for this release, request feature owners to let us know if these are
    actively being worked on and if these will make the branching dates.
    (calling out folks that I think are the current feature owners for
    the same)

    1) Halo - Initial Cut (@pranith)
    2) IPv6 support (@kaushal)
    3) Negative lookup (@poornima)
    4) Parallel Readdirp - More changes to default settings. (@poornima,
    @du)

        [1] 3.10 release announcement:

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-February/052188.html

<http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-February/052188.html>

        [2] Gluster release schedule:
        https://www.gluster.org/community/release-schedule/
        <https://www.gluster.org/community/release-schedule/>

        [3] Mail regarding facebook patches:

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-December/051784.html

<http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-December/051784.html>

        [4] Release scope:
        https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/projects/1
        <https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/projects/1>

        [5] glusterfs github issues:
        https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues
        <https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues>

        [6] github issues for features and major fixes:
        https://hackmd.io/s/BkgH8sdtg#

        [7] Glusto tests: https://github.com/gluster/glusto-tests
        <https://github.com/gluster/glusto-tests>

ATin Mukherjee