On 10/30/2017 10:07 AM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 at 19:32, Nigel Babu <nig...@redhat.com <mailto:nig...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    Hello folks,

    One of the action items of the Testing BoF around Glusto is to start
    a discussion on the mailing list about specific scenarios that
    aren't covered in our existing .t tests that need a proper cluster
    to test. I know Nithya had one about rebalance where we don't have
    enough coverage with the .t framework. If anyone else has similar
    scenarios or just tests they want written in Glusto, please speak up.

One of the missing part with existing .t tests in glusterd is the client and server compatibility with different op-versions. Off late we have seen most of the bugs. I think we’d need to write tests with clients running with different versions, heterogeneous servers ( in n to n-2 range for both client and server) and ofcourse the upgrade tests.

Let me extend this thought. We need the compatibility tests run across all options that are supported and such, so that we know what breaks, a very generic compat test against an older client is not sufficient.

IOW, test every option documented (and possibly not documented) in the upgrade and compat tests across servers and clients.

As we hear more about large clusters, or client count explosion, we need to ensure we break nothing and can certify the same for every release.

    Kartik (CC'd) is interested in helping us write new tests.

-- nigelb

--Atin