Hi Javier,

While glusterfs is the main repo many developers work on, there are many
more projects out there at https://github.com/gluster

Feel free to browse through the repositories, and see if something triggers
your interest.

Some of the things I can suggest are
* Gluster-Ansible (if you like ansible)
* With gluster's automation team if you like automation. There are many
jenkins jobs and activities out there. Check with Nigel Babu for more.
* helping with Gluster's internal metrics monitoring. (
https://github.com/gluster/gluster-prometheus,
https://github.com/amarts/glustermetrics)
* If you are aware of openstack, then help with integrations with Manila
and Cinder
* If you are aware of Kubernetes, then help with integrations with
operator, CSI etc.

And there are more discussions which keep on happening on gluster-devel
mailing list, you can pick up something from here and work on it. Like, may
be helping with wireshark dissector for Gluster's 4.0 protocol.

Regards,
Amar

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 3:43 AM, Javier Romero <xavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Raghavendra,
>
> Thank you very much for your answer. Looking on an area that is of my
> interest to start contributing.
>
> Best regards,
>

> *Javier Romero*
>
> *E-mail: xavi...@gmail.com <xavi...@gmail.com>*
>
> *Skype: xavinux*

>> Hi Javier,
>>
>> Thanks for your interest. In the capacity of developer you can contribute
>> in any of the following ways:
>>
>> * reviewing fixes. You can find all patches being reviewed, discussed and
>> merged at review.gluster.org
>> * Contributing to discussions around various issues at
>> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues
>> * Fixing many of bugs tracked at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bu
>> glist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=
>> POST&classification=Red%20Hat&classification=Community&list_
>> id=8399681&product=GlusterFS&product=Red%20Hat%20Gluster%
>> 20Storage&query_format=advanced
>>
>> Note that there are lots of components involved (see the list of
>> components in bugzilla for a rough idea). Please take a look and then you
>> can start concentrating on areas that interest you.
>>
>> You can also contribute by filing well thought out bugs with good data
>> (reproducers etc), producing reports of performance in various use-cases,
>> calling out areas of improvement by constructive criticism. Welcome to the
>> community :).
>>
>> regards,
>> Raghavendra
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 7:57 AM, Javier Romero <xavi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> My name is Javier, live in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and work in the
>>> Network Operations Center of an Internet Service Provider as a Linux
>>> Sysadmin. I would like to contribute on the GlusterFS project if there is
>>> something where I can be useful.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your kind attention.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>

>>> *Javier Romero*