On 02/13/2018 12:35 AM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 10:43 AM, Jiffin Tony Thottan
> <jthot...@redhat.com <mailto:jthot...@redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Since the change was there from 3.10 onwards, only upgrade from
>     eoled version to stable will break right?
>
>     I didn't notice anyone complaining about the issue in community till
>     now.
>

> If any one upgrades the cluster from < 3.10  to >= 3.10, it's a genuine
> problem as per my code reading.

So I tested 3.9 -> 3.10 -> 3.12 -> 3.13 upgrades (during release times).
Actually n-1 to n where 'n' is the current release.

What I do *not* test is every option that can be enabled, and the
resultant upgrade scenario. (which I believe we should do)

What is the shortest way to at *least* test,
  - added options
  - changed options
for a release?