On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 6:14 PM, Kaushal M <kshlms...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 12:52 PM, Kaushal M <kshlms...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 9:50 PM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <kkeit...@redhat.com>
>> wrote:

>>> see https://review.gluster.org/#/c/19225/
>>>

>>> glusterfs_mgmt_pmap_signout() is in glusterfsd. When glusterfsd dlopens
>>> server.so the run-time linker can resolve the symbol — for now.
>>>
>>> Tighter run-time linker semantics coming in, e.g. Fedora 28, means this
>>> will stop working in the near future even when RTLD_LAZY is passed as a
>>> flag. (As I understand the proposed changes.)
>>>
>>> It should still work, e.g., on Fedora 27 and el7 though.
>>>
>>> glusterfs_mgmt_pmap_signout() (and glusterfs_autoscale_threads()) really
>>> need to be moved to libglusterfs. ASAP. Doing that will resolve this issue.
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer Kaleb!
>>
>> But, I'm testing on Fedora 27, where this shouldn't theoretically happen.
>> So then, why am I hitting this. Is it something to do with the way the
>> packages are built?
>> Or is there some runtime ld configuration that has been set up.
>>
>> In any case, we should push and get the offending functions moved into
>> libglusterfs.
>> That should solve the problem for us.
>
> I took a shot at this, and it's not as easy simple as it appeared.
> I ended up in a recursive linking situation with libglusterfs,
> libgfxdr and libgfrpc.
> Looks like the solution is to create a libglusterfsd.

I see two ways to do this.
1. Make a library out of the whole glusterfsd.
Rename `main` to `init`
And then create a simple executable which loads this library and calls `init`.

Or,
2. Create a very small library with just the pmap_signout and
autoscale functions. And use that instead.

If anyone else has a better idea about how to do this please let me know.