> >> Further, as we hit end of March, we would make it mandatory for features
> >> to have required spec and doc labels, before the code is merged, so
> >> factor in efforts for the same if not already done.
> >

> > Could you explain the point above further? Is it just the label or the
> > spec/doc
> > that we need merged before the patch is merged?
> >

> I'll hazard a guess that the intent of the label is to indicate
> availability of the doc. "Completeness" of code is being defined as
> including specifications and documentation.

I believe this has originated from maintainers meeting agreements [1] . The
proposal to make a spec and documentation mandatory was submitted 3 months
back and is documented, and submitted for comment @
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AFkZmRRDXRxs21GnGauieIyiIiRZ-nTEW8CPi7Gbp3g/edit?usp=sharing

The idea is, if the code is going to be released, it should have relevant
documentation for users to use it, otherwise, it doesn't matter if the
feature is present or not. If the feature is 'default', and there is no
documentation required, just mention it, so the flags can be given. Also,
if there is no general agreement about the design, it doesn't make sense to
merge a feature and then someone has to redo things.

For any experimental code, which we want to publish for other developers to
test, who doesn't need documentation, we have 'experimental' branch, which
should be used for validation.

 [1] -
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-December/054070.html