On 10/12/18 12:04 PM, Soumya Koduri wrote:
1. Cache it separately as posix ACLs (a new option maybe "cache-glusterfs-acl" is added);
     And make sure _posix_xattr_get_set fills them when lookup requests.

I am not sure if posix layer can handle it. Virtual xattrs are in-memory and not stored on disk. They are converted to/from posix-acl in posix-acl xlator. So FWIU, posix-acl xlator should handle setting these attributes as part of LOOKUP response if needed. Same shall apply for any virtual xattr cached in md-cache. Request Poornima to comment.

Posix-acl can hand it correctly now.

Okay.

At a time, any gfapi consumer would use either posix-acl or virtual glusterfs ACLs. So having two options to selectively choose which one of them to cache sounds better to me instead of unnecessarily storing two different representations of the same ACL.

Make sense.
I will add another option for virtual glusterfs ACLs in md-cache.

Cool. thanks!

-Soumya

thanks,
Kinglong Mee