Hi Jiffin,

No vendor will support your corosync/pacemaker stack if you do not have proper
fencing.
As Gluster is already a cluster of its own, it makes sense to control
everything from there.

Best Regards,
Strahil NikolovOn May 3, 2019 09:08, Jiffin Tony Thottan <jthot...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> On 30/04/19 6:59 PM, Strahil Nikolov wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm posting this again as it got bounced.
> > Keep in mind that corosync/pacemaker  is hard for proper setup by new
> > admins/users.
> >
> > I'm still trying to remediate the effects of poor configuration at work.
> > Also, storhaug is nice for hyperconverged setups where the host is not only
> > hosting bricks, but  other  workloads.
> > Corosync/pacemaker require proper fencing to be setup and most of the
> > stonith resources 'shoot the other node in the head'.
> > I would be happy to see an easy to deploy (let say
> > 'cluster.enable-ha-ganesha true') and gluster to be bringing up the
> > Floating IPs and taking care of the NFS locks, so no disruption will be
> > felt by the clients.
>

> It do take care those, but need to follow certain prerequisite, but
> please fencing won't configured for this setup. May we think about in
> future.
>
> --
>
> Jiffin
>

> > Still, this will be a lot of work to achieve.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Strahil Nikolov
> >
> > On Apr 30, 2019 15:19, Jim Kinney <jim.kin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> +1!
> >> I'm using nfs-ganesha in my next upgrade so my client systems can use NFS
> >> instead of fuse mounts. Having an integrated, designed in process to
> >> coordinate multiple nodes into an HA cluster will very welcome.

> >> --
> >> Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. All tyopes are thumb related
> >> and reflect authenticity.
> > Keep in mind that corosync/pacemaker  is hard for proper setup by new
> > admins/users.
> >
> > I'm still trying to remediate the effects of poor configuration at work.
> > Also, storhaug is nice for hyperconverged setups where the host is not only
> > hosting bricks, but  other  workloads.
> > Corosync/pacemaker require proper fencing to be setup and most of the
> > stonith resources 'shoot the other node in the head'.
> > I would be happy to see an easy to deploy (let say
> > 'cluster.enable-ha-ganesha true') and gluster to be bringing up the
> > Floating IPs and taking care of the NFS locks, so no disruption will be
> > felt by the clients.
> >
> > Still, this will be a lot of work to achieve.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Strahil NikolovOn Apr 30, 2019 15:19, Jim Kinney <jim.kin...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> +1!
> >> I'm using nfs-ganesha in my next upgrade so my client systems can use NFS
> >> instead of fuse mounts. Having an integrated, designed in process to
> >> coordinate multiple nodes into an HA cluster will very welcome.

> >> --
> >> Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. All tyopes are thumb related
> >> and reflect authenticity.

Community Meeting Calendar:

APAC Schedule -
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 11:30 AM IST
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/836554017

NA/EMEA Schedule -
Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/486278655

Gluster-devel mailing list
Gluster-devel@gluster.org