This is now fixed. Shyam found the root case. After a mock upgrade, mock
would wait for user confirmation that DNF wasn't installed on the system.
Given this was a centos machine, DNF wasn't readily available. I set the
config option dnf_warning=False and that fixed the failures. All previously
failed jobs were retried and should now be green. I also took the
opportunity to "upgrade" Fedora buildroot to F27.