Bernard Li wrote:
Hi Shehjar:

The hosts with exports in the replication pool are already running NFS
servers so I need to setup GlusterFS native NFS server on another
server.  I am using the following /etc/glusterfs/glusterfsd.vol:

Thats not recommended but I can see why this is needed. The simplest way to run the nfs server for the two replicas is to simply copy over the nfs volume file from the current nfs server. It will work right away. The volume file below will not.

Performance will also drop because now both your replicas are another network hop away. I guess the ideal situation would be to allow gnfs to run even when there is already a server running. Its on the ToDo list.

-Shehjar

volume gluster01
    type protocol/client
    option transport-type tcp
    option remote-host gluster01
    option remote-port 6996
    option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume gluster02
    type protocol/client
    option transport-type tcp
    option remote-host gluster02
    option remote-port 6996
    option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume repl
    type cluster/replicate
    subvolumes gluster01 gluster02
end-volume

volume writebehind
    type performance/write-behind
    option cache-size 4MB
    subvolumes repl
end-volume

volume dshare
    type performance/io-cache
    option cache-size 1GB
    subvolumes writebehind
end-volume

volume nfs-server
    type nfs/server
    subvolumes dshare
end-volume

and I start glusterfsd

Does this look about right?  Is the remote-port correct?

Thanks,

Bernard