Hi Joe,

Was your permission denied problem solved? How? I'd like to add an entry into the NFS FAQ page about this. Thanks

Joe Landman wrote:
Hi Folks

We have a 3.1 cluster set up, and NFS mounting is operational. We are trying to get our heads around the mounting of this cluster. What we found works (for a 6 brick distributed cluster) is using the same server:/export in all the mounts.

My questions are

1) can we use any of the bricks for server? We tried using another brick in the volume, but it doesn't seem to work.

2) if we need to use a single server for the mount, is this a performance bottleneck? That is, does all the traffic have to traverse one brick?

3) in previous releases (3.0.x and before) we could mount the file system on each server. We are doing this now with the nfs mount, but my concern from point 1 still stands.

We are working on understanding the performance issues with this. Hopefully with some benchmarks soon.

Regards,

Joe