Mike Hanby wrote:
So, to accomplish this right now I would need to disable the builtin
NFS server, enable the OS NFS server, mount the Gluster file system
and export as normal via /etc/exports?

Just brainstorming here,

You can still export directories individually but the support is minimal as far as restricting the exports to different clients.

More info at:

http://www.gluster.org/faq/index.php?sid=940&lang=en&action=artikel&cat=5&id=55&artlang=en

-Shehjar

Mike

-----Original Message----- From: Shehjar Tikoo
[mailto:shehj...@gluster.com] Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2010 10:47
PM To: Mike Hanby Cc: gluster-users@gluster.org Subject: Re:
[Gluster-users] Exposing parts of a volume to specific clients?

Mike Hanby wrote:
Howdy,

We have 18TB at our disposal to share via GlusterFS 3.1. My initial
thought was to create a single volume, comprised of 18 x 1TB
bricks. The volume will be used for user storage as well as storage
for applications.

Is there any way to create different exports for the various
clients via NFS and Gluster client?

For example, the server used by our user base should be able to
mount the users directory on the gfs volume (nas-01:/gfs/users),
where as the yum repository server should only be able to mount
nas-01:/gfs/repo

Essentially, I only want to expose what's necessary for each client
machine to perform its roll.

If this isn't possible directly within GlusterFS, I'm open to
suggestions to rethink my strategy.

Not possible yet. Its on the ToDo list. Thanks

Thanks,

Mike