On 6/3/2015 3:15 AM, Benjamin Kingston wrote:
Can someone give me a hint on the best way to maintain data availability to a share on a third system using nfs-ganesha and samba?

I currently have a round-robbin dns entry that nfs ganesha/samba uses, however even with a short ttl, there's brief downtime when a replica node fails. I can't see in the samba VFS or ganesha fsal syntax where a secondary address can be provided.

I've tried comma seperated, space seperated, with/without quotes for multiple IP's and only seen issues.
Any reason you aren't using a "floating IP address"? This isn't the newest talk, but the concepts have not changed: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/lcjpcojp13_nakai.pdf

Ted Miller
Elkhart, IN, USA