On 08/31/2015 10:41 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
On Monday 31 August 2015 10:42 PM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
 > 2. Server2 dies. Server1 has to reboot.
 >
 > In this case the service stays down. It is inpossible to remount the
share without Server1. This is not acceptable for a High Availability
System and I believe also not intended, but a misconfiguration or bug.
This is exactly what I gave as an example in the thread (please read
again). GlusterD is not supposed to start brick process if its other
counter part hasn't come up yet in a 2 node setup. The reason it has
been designed in this way is to block GlusterD on operating on a volume
which could be stale as the node was down and cluster was operational
earlier.

For two node deployments, a third dummy node is recommended to ensure that quorum is maintained when one of the nodes is down.

Regards,
Vijay

Have the settings changed to enable server quorum by default?