On 7/12/2015 9:03 PM, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
All VMs were running on machine #1 - the two other machines (#2 and #3) were *idle*.
Gluster was fully operating (no healing) when I rebooted machine #2.
For other reasons I had to reboot machines #2 and #3 a few times, but since all VMs were running on machine #1 and nothing on the other machines was accessing Gluster files, I was confident that this wouldn't disturb Gluster. But anyway this means that I rebootet Gluster nodes during a healing process.

After a few minutes, Gluster files began showing corruption - up to the point that the qcow2 files became unreadable and all VMs stopped working.

Udo, it occurs to me that if your VM's were running on #2 & #3 and you live migrated them to #1 prior to rebooting #2/3, then you would indeed rapidly get progressive VM corruption.

However it wouldn't be due to the heal process, but rather the live migration with "performance.stat-prefetch" on. This always leads to qcow2 files becoming corrupted and unusable.

--
Lindsay Mathieson