Hi Zack,

As the bricks had already been used before, gluster doesn't allow to create volume with same brick path until you use "force" at the end of the command. As you are doing performance testing i would recommend to clean the bricks and issue the same command.

. sudo gluster volume create gluster1 transport tcp cyan:/gluster/ssd1/brick1*new* green:/gluster/ssd1/brick2*new* red:/gluster/ssd1/brick3*new* pink:/gluster/ssd1/brick4*new
*

for time being this will solve the your problem.

Thanks & Regards

Karan Sandha