On 04/04/2017 01:54 PM, Travis Eddy wrote:

Thank you for the response.

I'm Pretty sure the problem is with the Gluster's NFS and how XenServer
interacts with it. As I feel like its not running in async mode.
Everything is at-least 10x faster using bland kernel NFS with the async
option... 90+MB/sec (saturate gigabit) vs 5~7MB/sec I'm pretty sure
there is a default option in the gluster nfs that needs changing.

I tried the " nfs.trusted-sync off" option.
as well as the "tuned-adm profile rhgs-random-io " (which isn't aviable
on cent btw)
and using the gluster group virt and the redhat options

Is there another way to ensure the Gluster NFS sync is in async mode?

After doing `sudo gluster volume set $vol nfs.trusted-sync off` you can do `sudo gluster volume info $vol` to confirm that it is off.

--

Kaleb