Péter Károly JUHÁSZ wrote:
>I don't know what is the correct way but what I did on my RHEL7 (I assume
8 and 9 is more or less the same):

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/storage/x86_64/gluster-9/

Strahil Nikolov wrote:
> You can built the rpms from source.
> https://docs.gluster.org/en/main/Developer-guide/Building-GlusterFS/

Those all work. Building from source is maybe the hardest, but it's not
that hard.

Packages are nice because they're easy to install, update, and remove.

What is the "correct" way of using gluster on RHEL 8 or, preferably, 9?

There isn't any one correct or official way. If packages make sense to you,
use them. If building from source works for you, do that. Building your own
RPMs gives you the best of both.

The glusterfs.spec (and related files) is at
https://git.centos.org/rpms/glusterfs/ if you want to build your own rpms.

--

Kaleb
________