Hello there.
I am using a 2node gluster server with replica 2 and I have  set this
feature in glusterfs:
Here is command to create the gluster volume:
gluster vol create VMS replica 2 server1:/data/vms server2:/data/vms
Than I just issue the following:
gluster volume set VMS cluster.heal-timeout 5
gluster volume heal VMS enable
gluster volume set VMS cluster.quorum-reads false
gluster volume set VMS cluster.quorum-count 1
gluster volume set VMS network.ping-timeout 2
gluster volume set VMS cluster.favorite-child-policy mtime
gluster volume heal VMS granular-entry-heal enable
gluster volume set VMS cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm full
And that's it! Read to go.

I am using this scenario for several clients now, mainly with Proxmox VE
with several Linux and Windows VM.
But some people are complaining with me about split-brains and stuff, but I
have had none since I started using this configuration, about 6 or 8
months ago.
I am not sure if I need to change something or just ignore the bad
commentaries I heard about it and move on.
I just want to share that, in my experience, this setup has worked
flawlessly.

---
Gilberto Nunes Ferreira
________