Dear all,

I was doing some testing regarding to GlusterFS link files (as they are created
by a "move" operation). According to this document:
https://www.gluster.org/glusterfs-algorithms-distribution/  If a link file is
missing, it should be created after accessing the file.
However, I don't see this behaviour.  If I delete (by hand) a link file on the
brick, the file is still accessible, but the link file is never recreated. I
can do an "open" or a "stat" on the file without getting an error, but the link
file is not created.
Is this the intended behaviour? Or am I misunderstanding the above mentioned
document?

best wishes,
Stefan

--
Dr. Stefan Solbrig
Universität Regensburg, Fakultät für Physik,

________

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -
Bridge: https://meet.google.com/cpu-eiue-hvk