Hi Susan

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Susan S <smstearma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am having a problem that I can't seem to find a fix for. Scenario:
> - I use Outlook with a POP account to access my gmail account (i have 2
> other accounts in Outlook so I want a single place to use my email)
> - I use Outlook 99% of the time and have no problems
> - However, I occasionally need to reply to an email using the GMAIL mobile
> app on my android phone
>                       When I reply from the app, it automatically sends a
> copy of the email to me.
>                       I want this to stop!
>                       It also occurs when I set the vacation autoreply -
> so after 2 or 3 days on vacation I have hundreds of vacation reply emails
> in my inbox :-(
>                       I cannot find any preferences/settings in the app or
> the web site to turn this off

When you send email using the mobile app, Gmail automatically places a copy
under the 'Sent Mail' label. This forms part of 'All Mail' which is then
retrieved by your Outlook client.

I would suggest adding Gmail using IMAP instead of POP in your Outlook
client. In this way, the labels will appear as folders and your sent email
will be in the correct place.

Start here: https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960?hl=en

--
Marko