Know? No, I don't know. But I have a guess - from your description, it
sounds like you have a contact group named "main newsletter" and Gmail is
picking that as opposed to the Google Group of the same name.
    If I am right, then all you need to do is get rid of the contact group,
and add the Google Group to your contacts. If I am wrong, then try
something else.